Taj hotels are a chain of luxury hotels spread across India. The chain was started long back in 1903 by the renowned Indian industrialist Mr. Jamshedji Tata. The Taj Palace Delhi was inaugurated in 1978. The magnificent hotel holds its perfectionism, dignity, and praises to date.
This piece of beautiful architecture stands on a beautiful address on Number 1 Mansingh Road. The proximity of the hotel with the administrative corps makes it a go-to place for Head of States, dignitaries, and officials to reside. With beauty personified in its true sense, the luxury hotel is sure to have its secrets and facts. Let us know 8 interesting facts about Taj Palace, Delhi that will surprise you.
FACTS ABOUT TAJ PALACE, DELHI
- The palatial palace is spread across 6 acres of land, covered with beautiful lush gardens and an outstretched temperature-controlled swimming pool and area with comforting outdoor seating arrangements.
- Taj Palace Hotel, Delhi is known to be a true urban oasis. The uniquely specialized electronic air filtration system makes the indoor air quality pure and safe amidst the increasing air pollution of Delhi. Large surroundings of greens, safe air quality, and a plausible interior make the hotel a perfect destination for a holistic retreat. A perfect example of an urban oasis amidst the noise and race of the city!
- The hotel consists of 250+ rooms segregated into different titles as deluxe rooms, luxury rooms, superior rooms, taj club rooms, taj club premium rooms, luxury suites, executive suites, and grand presidential suites. The best thing about staying in a luxury hotel is to enjoy the spacious and beautiful rooms and bathrooms, taking us into our dream world for some time. Taj Palace, Delhi is the perfect place for such expectations. Taj Palace, Delhi room price ranges from Rs. 7000 to a whopping 20,000 depending on the rooms or suites of our preference.
- The interior of the palace is so exquisitely designed that it gives us a good share of historic architecture. The furniture is inspired by Mughal accents and rich wood collaboration, perfectly bringing out the old-world charm.
- The major part of the hotel Taj Palace, Delhi is inspired by Sir Edwin Lutyens. He was a brilliant British architect who is responsible for designing Delhi for almost 20 years. His architecture is now popularly used as the Government of India buildings. It is said that most of the architectural buildings are the work of the great Sir Lutyens. The palace is located in great proximity to Lutyens Delhi and visitor’s to the palace get to enjoy the view beautifully as the floors get higher and higher.
- The use of different woods gives out distinguishing textures. Combinations of rosewood, zebrawood, ebony, etc. with spectacular carvings and motifs. Beautifully arranged paintings and showpieces make the rooms and suites rich, contemporary and take the visitors back to the years of history.
- There are original artworks, drawings, and architectural motifs of Sir Lutyens in the form of designing and furniture which further gives the suites a contemporary look making it authentic and no less than royal.
- The hospitality of the Taj Palace, Delhi is impeccable which makes our stay the best. The ardent staff makes everything so perfect by being so invisible and yet being there.
The Tata Group has always been an esteemed business group in India and even across the globe. Every business they own has managed to rise to the best and even its hospitality departments. The first Taj hotel line starting from Nariman Point of Mumbai has now reached several countries all around.
Well, these were some interesting facts about the great Taj Palace, Delhi. Let us all visit this magnificent architecture and pamper ourselves!