If you are looking for some dating tips but are limited by your budget, then this article is for you! There are many ways to have a good time on a budget. Try these out during the festive season and make this Diwali one of your most romantic times ever!
For fun activities:
- Cinema with Popcorn is always fun. Some of the most iconic films can be watched at home or there’s always an amateur film festival nearby.
- Adayal at Lalit’s is an interesting sight to see. This place has paintings of national leaders and Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
- Gumman Is a small festival every year. Where you can get all kinds of sweets, chapatis, and tea for free.
- 1.2 km from the India Habitat Centre, there is a beautiful park which is home to many birds and animals.
- If you love music, try out the Pink Floyd concert. It’s a really good way to remember a special date!
- Make sure to check out the close by Rajghat. It is the cremation site of Mahatama Gandhi and is a great place to go with your loved one.
- Enjoy Tea, in the style of the British, at The Imperial Hotel. It’s not too expensive and fancy.
For doing fun activities:
- Walking around the Lodhi garden is always a good idea. This is a beautiful, peaceful place to walk around and get some fresh air. Good for relaxing.
- Take a drive around Old Delhi and drop by the Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, and Chandni Chowk. Take a day trip to Agra and also catch a snack in a typically Indian setting.
- Have some cute fun at the Lodhi Garden Gymkhana Club ball Girls’ Club (formerly The Royal Gymkhana).
- Watch a play! It’s a great date, and you can see some old-world charm. Try out the National School of Drama.
For eating out:
- You cannot go wrong with KFC and McDonald’s. These are a must for everyone! They have decent Indian-style food that is quite affordable.
- Have some amazing Indian food at Rasoi, adjacent to KFC, opposite McDonald’s near the Khan Market Metro station. They have a great buffet which is decently priced.
- Dosa Plaza, near the Khan Market Metro Station, is a great place to have South Indian food. You can grab a bite for INR 50 or less! If you want to spend more, try out Daffodils which offers tasty and authentic North Indian food. It’s pretty reasonable for an authentic restaurant.
- There is also a dessert place which serves some great sweets and pastries. This place is called Cafe Turtle and is just down the road from the Lodhi Garden Metro station.
- If you are in love with the taste of Italy, there’s always an option to get some pizza or pasta at Pizza Hut.
Read Also: 12 Tips You Must Know Before Going On A Date
- The Fountain at Khan Market offers everything from chocolates to cheeses to toys to cards with funny sayings inside.
- Penny auctions are a fun way to spend money on cheap items. They are pretty common in India, but it’s always fun. Some of the most popular ones are held at the Lodhi Garden Metro Station and they only take coins! Why not try your luck?
- A place where you can buy gifts for yourself and others is the Sarika Novelties & Gifts shop. It’s an affordable place to buy cute little trinkets, cards, and gifts for friends, family, or yourself.
- Fancy a scarf? Check out some of the oldest textile stores Sona Mohan and Vraj Mohan. Both of these shops have great designs and are reasonably priced.
- Get some bangles, bindis, or makeup at the Sarojini Nagar market which is an open-air shopping mall. This market is full of things you can’t get anywhere else. It’s also a great place to buy cheap clothing, bags, and shoes.
Read Also: 10 Things to Impress Your Valentine
For exploring interesting places:
- If you are a book lover, the National Book Trust is a fun place to check out. They have some really beautiful old books that you cannot find anywhere else. Or you can try out their online store.
- You can’t go wrong with a trip to Connaught Place for shopping. This is the most popular mall in Delhi and has every shop you could ever want to go to. There’s also a Khan Market, which is smaller and filled with beautiful stands of fruits and vegetables.
- There are a ton of interesting places to visit if you want to find out more about city history: Qutub Minar, the Red Fort, Rashtrapati Bhavan, the India Gate, or Humayun’s Tomb. These are all well preserved places that are filled with culture.
- For something more fun in nature check out the Lodhi Garden metro station where you can play cricket or badminton. You can also see the sun set in this beautiful garden.
- If you want to try something new and exciting then travel to Cancun for some amazing swimming, shopping, and nonstop parties. It’s a great place to come back from every year. If you visit at the end of December you’ll catch the Cancun Festival!
Read Also: 23 Monuments Of Delhi That You Must Visit Once
For fun adventures:
- For a fun adventure, take a trip to Daria Daulat, which is about 12 km from Connaught Place. There are many monuments and relics here that are worth seeing. The place looks and feels like another world. It’s not too expensive to travel back and forth there by auto.
- You can also go on an adventure with your special someone in the Aravalli range. It’s a beautiful place to go hiking and explore.
- You can get a visit to Qutub Minar and the Red Fort from here. The drive is very interesting, so you will have to plan ahead if you want to do this one.
- If you are in Delhi for the cleanest air then go for a ride in the cycle rickshaw. It’s a strange, yet fun experience.
Read Also: Top 10 resorts near delhi
If you are planning to visit Delhi, what’s the best time?
The best time to visit Delhi is October through March and April. It will be slightly cold but the days are usually clear and bright. In May, the weather starts getting hotter but there is still some fresh air around. By June, it gets very hot!
There are many things to do in Delhi that all revolve around love, dating, and romance. For example, there is the Mango Festival which offers an array of festival food and activities. Another one is a night at the National School of Drama. There are also many other festivals and things to do in Delhi that are fun for couples. Try and plan ahead so you can wait for the right time!
Before you go on a date…
Continue Reading Below
- Delhi has a good public transport system but it can be difficult to use, especially if you have just arrived because of delays at some Metro stations and trains.
- Delhi is known for dust, smog, and pollution. The city is really polluted and the air quality is really bad. A good way to escape Delhi’s pollution is to do something active or to see some greenery.
- It’s very hot in the summer so bring water with you everywhere you go and try to wear light clothing while outdoors. If you are planning on going with someone, it’s a good idea to go visit the Qutub Minar at night when it cools down a bit. It will be a fun activity to do after you’re done shopping for the day.
Save this article somewhere safe or take a screenshot of the ideas you liked! Delhi is a good city of couple since it has a lot to offer to the couples. Let us know in the comment section below what did we miss out on!