Are you in search of a good bicycle for your child or maybe mountain cycles for yourself, then your search ends here! Located near Jhandewalan Metro station, Jhandelwalan DDA market is a bustling marketplace that is known for its wide range of bicycles, spare parts, and accessories. It is a popular destination for cycling enthusiasts who are looking to buy bicycles, spare parts, and accessories at affordable prices.
The market is also a popular destination for retailers who buy bicycles and parts in bulk. It is the only one of its kind in northern India, with over 200 retailers, distributors, and assemblers of both Indian and foreign bicycle brands like Hero, TI, Atlas, Avon, Firefox, Trek, Giant, etc.
Did you know this market replaced the cycle market on Esplanade Road near the Red Fort and was relocated to Jhandewalan?
BUT WHAT MAKES THIS MARKET DIFFERENT?
Jhandewala cycle market in Delhi has an amazing collection of all types of cycles, from basic to high-end. Don’t worry the prices of the cycle sold here are significantly lower prices than those sold in individual showrooms. Also, the vendors are friendly and willing to negotiate.
Apart from the price, one can easily find new concept cycles that have recently been developed in India or imported from China or any other country. What distinguishes this market is that it is a one-stop shop for bicycles and bicycle parts from all of the leading brands, in a variety of prices, designs, sizes, and colors.
There is no other major cycle market in Jhandewalan where you can find a wide variety of cycles and cycle accessories at lower prices. Other areas with cycle markets in Delhi are as follows but these markets have only a few shops and less variety :
- Lajpat Rai Market
- Paharganj Cycle Market
- Daryaganj Cycle Market
- Tilak Nagar Cycle Market
Nearest Metro station: Jhandewalan (Blue Line)
Location: Jhandewalan DDA Mareket
Timings: 10 am to 7 pm
Continue Reading Below
Closed on: Mondays
Tips to buy cycle from cycle market
If you are planning to buy a cycle from a cycle market, here are some tips that may help you:
- Research the market: Before visiting the cycle market, research the market to understand the range of cycles available, the brands, and their prices.
- Determine your needs: Determine the purpose of the cycle – whether you need it for commuting, fitness, or recreation. This will help you choose the type of cycle that best suits your needs.
- Set a budget: Determine how much you are willing to spend on a cycle. This will help you narrow down your options and avoid overspending.
- Inspect the cycle: Inspect the cycle carefully for any visible damage, such as dents or cracks, and test the brakes and gears.
- Test ride: If possible, take the cycle for a test ride to get a feel for it and ensure that it is comfortable and suits your needs.
- Ask for warranties and guarantees: Ask the seller about warranties and guarantees that come with the cycle, and make sure to keep the receipt or invoice in case you need to claim a warranty or return the cycle.
- Bargain: Negotiate the price with the seller. Be respectful and reasonable, and don’t be afraid to walk away if you are not satisfied with the price.
- Check for accessories: Check if the cycle comes with accessories like lights, locks, and helmets, or if they need to be purchased separately.
- Choose a reputable seller: Choose a reputable seller with good reviews and feedback, and avoid buying from suspicious or untrustworthy sellers.
Take your time: Don’t rush into buying a cycle. Take your time, do your research, and make an informed decision based on your needs and budget.
What should I look for when buying a bicycle at a cycle market?
When buying a bicycle at a cycle market, you should look for a bicycle that suits your needs and budget. You should also check for any defects or damage and ensure that the bicycle is in good working condition.
Can I negotiate prices at a cycle market?
Many vendors at cycle markets are open to negotiation, and you may be able to get a better deal by bargaining.
Can I return a bicycle or parts bought at a cycle market?
Return policies may vary among vendors, so it’s always a good idea to ask about the return policy before making a purchase.
Are cycle markets safe?
Cycle markets can be safe, but it is important to take precautions like choosing a reputable seller, inspecting the cycle for damages, and testing the cycle before purchasing it.
If you’re looking to buy a bicycle, the Jhandewalan cycle market can be a great place to start. But before buying make sure you compare prices and models from different vendors and get a good deal.